Students who have been nominated by their schools as National Book Award recipients may submit applications to the National Scholarship Program. In addition, students who identify themselves as meeting the scholarship criteria are invited to apply directly for the National Scholarship, without having been nominated for the Book Award. Please refer to the composite profiles that illustrate attributes of successful candidates.
You should apply if you are:
- An original and creative thinker
- Committed to your school and community
- A high achiever in academic and creative pursuits
- Enthusiastic about learning and intellectual exploration
- A Canadian citizen, permanent resident or protected person
- Currently in your final year of Canadian secondary school or first-year CEGEP
- Intending to start post-secondary study in fall 2017
To apply, you’ll need to:
- Create an account for your National Scholarship application. A link to the online application form will be made available on the Admissions website in September 2017 (adm.utoronto.ca).
- Complete the online application, including a series of short essays and exercises. You must complete all sections of the application. Limits with respect to the number of words must be followed.
- Upload a transcript of your complete high school record to date, including final results for the 2015-2016 academic year. Official transcripts will be requested from students who are selected as finalists. You will be contacted by January 2017 if an official transcript is required.
- Arrange for a letter of reference. Please have someone in your school or community write a confidential reference letter supporting your application. You must supply the name of your referee and his/her institutional email address on your application form. Once you’ve submitted your application, an email will be sent to your referee with instructions for submitting the reference online. We strongly recommend contacting your referee well before submitting your application, to allow him/her ample time to prepare and submit a reference letter. Referees will have until one week after the application deadline to submit a letter of reference.
- Submit your online application by Friday, November 6, 2016 (11:59PM EST). Once you have submitted your application, you will not be able to make any further changes. You will receive a confirmation email after submitting your application.
|Quantity||Approximately 10 from applicants to all U of T campuses|
|Value||Tuition and incidental fees for 4 years; residence support in first year plus a varying, renewable cash award.|
|Deadline||November 4 '2017'|