- The Bachelor of Science (Honours) program in Physics has added a new stream in Astrophysics. The new Astrophysics stream includes specialized courses in astronomy and astrophysics along with the same core physics courses as the Experimental and Theory streams.
- The Bachelor of Global and International Studies (BGInS) now offers 2 new specializations: Global Media and Communication; and Global Inequalities and Social Change. There is also a new course in Experiential Learning Abroad available.
- We now offer a Bachelor of Information Technology: Information Resource Management (IRM) joint degree program with Algonquin College. The program provides students with a broad understanding of information management, as well as specific capabilities in managing digital resources as these affect research data, websites and social media.
- Our new Bachelor of Arts (Combined Honours) program in Indigenous Studies is designed to provide both Indigenous and non-Indigenous students with an in-depth understanding of the historical and contemporary experiences of Indigenous peoples in North America and the world.
- New concentrations are available in the Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Psychology and Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Psychology programs. These concentrations are Cognitive Psychology, Developmental Psychology, Forensic Psychology, Health Psychology, Organizational Psychology, and Social and Personality Psychology.
- The Bachelor of Mathematics (Honours) program in Computational and Applied Mathematics and Statistics now offers concentrations in Applied Analysis, Applied Statistics and Probability, and Discrete Mathematics.
- Co-operative Education options are now available in the Bachelor of Arts (Honours) programs in Environmental Studies, Geography, and Geomatics, as well as the Bachelor of Science (Honours) programs in Food Science and Nutrition, Physical Geography, and Geomatics.
- New minors in Christianity Studies, Communication and Media Studies, Environmental Studies, and Urban Studies are now available.
- Carleton now offers Post-Baccalaureate Diplomas in Accounting and Cognitive Science.
- The Bachelor of Public Affairs and Policy Management now offers 4 specializations with 2-3 concentrations. The specialization in Communication and Policy Studies offers Communication Technologies and Regulation or Strategic Public Opinion. Development Policy Studies specialization has a concentration in Rights and Human Development or Global Economic Relations. International Policy Studies offers International Relations and Conflict or Security and Intelligence concentrations. The Public Policy and Administration has 3 options in Social Policy, Economic Policy or Environmental and Sustainable Energy Policy.
- The degree designation of the Bachelor of Arts program in Economics has been changed to Bachelor of Economics (BEcon) (Honours). Students in the BEcon (Honours) may complete 1 or 2 of 7 concentrations: Computational Analysis; Development; Economic Theory; Financial Economics; International Political Economy; Mathematics and Quantitative Economics; and Natural Resources, Environment, and Economy.
- The Bachelor of Arts program in Communication Studies has been changed to the Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies (BCoMS). This revised program reflects the move to a more innovative approach to studying communication and media studies at Carleton.
- The title of the Bachelor of Arts program in Human Rights has been changed to Human Rights and Social Justice.
- The Bachelor of Computer Science (Honours) has added a new work experience opportunity to its long standing Co-operative Education program. There is now an Industrial Application Internship option as well.
The Bachelor of Science (Honours) programs in Biology and Physics, and Chemistry and Physics no longer require the Calculus (MCV4U) for admission.
The Bachelor of Information Technology program has made changes to the admissions requirements for the Photonics and Laser Technology program. The program requires the 4U Advance Functions. There is no longer a requirement for 4U Physics or another 4U credit in Calculus and Vectors, Chemistry or Earth and Space Science.
For the Bachelor of Information Technology, Interactive Multimedia and Design program, 4U Math is required for fall 2017. Effective fall 2018, the math requirement will change to 4U Advanced Functions. There is also a portfolio requirement due March 1.