University of Guelph
About the University of Guelph
The University of Guelph is regarded as one of Canada’s best comprehensive universities, recognized for the high quality of its teaching, research and outstanding facilities. Engaged in a wide variety of academic programs, Guelph's 23,000+ students thrive on the cutting edge of their fields.
The beautiful main campus of 412 hectares is approximately 1 hour’s drive west of Toronto and includes a 165-hectare arboretum and a 12-hectare Research Park.
- 23,751 students call our campus home.
- More than 5,000 students live in residence, the largest residence system in Ontario.
- We are the Guelph Gryphons, and our colours are red, gold and black.
- We offer 17 intramurals, 17 varsity teams, 22 sports clubs and more than 200 student clubs and organizations.
- More than 4,000 part-time jobs are available.
- More than 122,000 alumni reside in 150 countries.
- More than $144.8 million in research funding makes Guelph one of Canada’s most research-intensive universities.
- Our Centre for New Students, the first of its kind in Canada, helps students make a successful transition to university.
- Our outstanding library system provides access to more than 7.5 million items.
- You can participate in 1 of 74 exchange opportunities in 36 countries; 6 different semester-abroad opportunities.