Offers of Admission
Multiple Offers of Admission
Applicants will receive an admission decision on all applications they submit to Laurier (up to a maximum of 3). You will be sent information after you apply about how to submit additional information to support your application for admission.
Basic Requirements for Admission
To calculate your admission average, we consider your top six 4U/M level courses.
All 4U prerequisite courses are calculated in your admission average, regardless of whether or not they are part of your top 6 courses, for the following programs:
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
- BBA Double-degree programs
- Faculty of Science programs
- Bachelor of Arts and Science (BASc) in Public Health
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Geography
The exceptions for the Faculty of Science programs are the Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Psychology and Bachelor of Kinesiology (BKin) programs, as well as the BA in Psychology & Policing combination program, which do not include the required math course when calculating the admission average.
For all other programs, we will look at your top 6 marks, regardless of whether or not your prerequisites are included in that average.
4U English must be at a minimum of 60% for all programs unless otherwise specified. You must also meet program-specific requirements. All required courses must be at a minimum of 60% unless otherwise specified.
Failed and Repeated Courses
If you repeat a course, the highest grade will be used in calculating your average with no penalty. Courses taken at night school/summer school are considered equivalent to regular daytime courses.
Timing and Process for Admission Decisions
We begin to send out offers of admission in December and continue to do so until the deadline to accept your offer on June 1. Offers are sent out in what we call “phases,” with each phase based on different academic criteria. All offers of admission are conditional until your final grades are received by our office in July.
Phase 1: Early Offers of Admission
- This phase takes place during December and January.
- Admissions during this phase are based on your best five 3U/M courses.
- We must also be able to see from your application that you are enrolled in all 4U prerequisite courses for admission.
Phase 2: Second Round of Offers
- This phase takes place during February and March.
- Admissions during this phase are based on your best six 3U/M and 4U/M courses. You must have a minimum of three 4U/M courses calculated as part of that best six.
- You must be enrolled in all 4U/M prerequisite courses for admission.
Phase 3: Final Round of Offers
- This phase takes place during April and May.
- Admissions during this phase are based on your best six 4U/M courses.
- Your best 6 can/will include prerequisite courses (for some programs) and your second semester midterm grades if you are still completing your Grade 12 year.
Note: If you do not receive an offer of admission during the first 2 phases, it will be either due to insufficient grade information being available to us or because you do not meet the elevated prerequisite requirements we are looking for during that specific phase. Your application will not be negatively impacted in any way and we will continue to consider you for admission as we receive new grade information, until the end of May.
For more information and updates, visit our Undergraduate Admission Toolkit.
If you are not eligible for your program(s) of choice, we will automatically be considered for admission to an alternative program. To learn how we make decisions about alternative offers, see our website on alternate offers of admission.
Residence applications are completed online. You will receive details and deadlines in Laurier's First-Year Student Welcome Book that will be mailed to you with your first offer of admission. Residence is guaranteed to students coming into university for the first time and whose application form and deposit are received by the posted deadline. Find more information about residence.