Residences & Meal Plans
$4,941 - $7,955
Fees displayed are for 2017 - 2018 and are subject to increase for 2018 - 2019. They are an estimate only.
All dormitory- and apartment-style residences are smoke-free. Single and double rooms are available in each style of residence. Residence buildings are 54% dormitory-style and 46% apartment-style.
- Roommate requests accepted
- Internet service included
- Residence Life program including a Don on each floor
- Laundry facilities
- Quiet study floors
- Residence Learning Communities
- Special needs accommodation
- Residence council available to all first-year students living in residence
Residence is guaranteed to all students entering postsecondary education for the first time, who submit their application and deposit by the posted deadline.
Students with a midterm admission average of 90% or higher are guaranteed their choice of building style and room type, space permitting. Midterm average will be calculated based on your top six 4U/M (or equivalent) grades that are available as of June 1, 2018.
All students are required to purchase a meal plan. Students in dormitory-style residences can choose from our 5-Day All Access Plan, or our 7-Day All Access Meal Plan. If you live in an apartment-style residence, you are required to participate in the Apartment Meal Plan.
We can accommodate special dietary needs and requests.
Waterloo Meal Plans
5-Day All Access Meal Plan — $5,000
- $750 OneCard Flex dollars ($375 per term)
- Monday to Friday unlimited access to the Fresh Food Company
- 5 FFCo guest passes per year
- Tax savings
7-Day All Access Meal Plan — $5,400
- $550 OneCard Flex dollars ($275 per term)
- Unlimited access to the Fresh Food Company, 7 days per week
- 7 FFCo guest passes per year
- Tax savings
Apartment Meal Plan* — $2,080
- $2,060 OneCard Flex dollars ($1,030 per term)
- Tax savings
*An apartment-style resident can upgrade to an All Access Meal Plan by contacting the OneCard office after their residence assignment.
These prices are based on the 2017-2018 fees, and prices are subject to increase for 2018-2019. Prices include a $50 levy for All Access Plans and a $20 levy for the Apartment Meal Plan.
The Fresh Food Company
The Fresh Food Company provides flexibility to have a quick snack or a full meal to suit any schedule. It is led by a team of chefs and features an all you care to enjoy rotating menu with a focus on quality, convenience and ultimate flexibility. The Fresh Food Company provides a variety of options such as stone fired pizza, stir-fry, salad bar, deli, grill, sushi and more. The Fresh Food Company is the ideal location on campus to accommodate special dietary needs such as allergies or food intolerances as a variety of alternative options are available.
OneCard (student card) flex dollars may be used for any non-food purchases and are accepted at the following on-campus locations:
- Fresh Food Company (Dining Hall)
- Terrace Food Court (Union Market, Bento Sushi, Williams Fresh Café, Extreme Pita, Purblendz, Mr. Sub, Pizza Pizza, Smoke's Poutinerie and Harvey's)
- Second Cup
- Tim Hortons
- Byte 75 Café
- Wilf’s Restaurant
You can request to change your plan up until September 30 by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. After September 30, the plans are locked in for the academic year. Dormitory and apartment meal plans are non-refundable and non-transferrable. If you have a remaining balance on your OneCard flex dollar account (April 30) these funds will roll over to the next academic year.
- Phone 519-884-0710, ext. 3236
- Email email@example.com