University of Ontario Institute of Technology
Our innovative and unique undergraduate and graduate programs are designed to meet your interests and career aspirations, along with the market‑driven requirements of employers. Upon graduation, you will have the critical thinking, innovative research and technological skills demanded by the world’s leading employers.
Professors and students undertake research in a wide range of areas that include automotive design and engineering, business and information technology, computational science, alternative and sustainable energy, nuclear engineering, law enforcement, manufacturing, and community/public health, to name a few. Our unique and technology‑rich teaching and learning environment challenges you to push the boundaries of innovation and discovery, and prepares you to excel in the global, knowledge‑driven economy of the 21st century; the possibilities are endless.
- You have many different opportunities to apply knowledge and skills in real-world settings. With more than 300 industry and community partner organizations, you will have a wide variety of experiential learning opportunities available to you, such as Capstone projects, practicums, placements, co-ops, internships and undergraduate research opportunities.
- You will have access to information and technologies that keep you connected to your professors and peers, and provide you with the skills demanded by employers. You will pay an annual Technology-Enriched Learning Environment fee, depending on the model selected by your faculty. Most programs will receive curriculum-specific and industry-quality software available to be installed on your own device. The university supplies a laptop or tablet with the relevant software pre-installed, for the following programs only:
- All programs in the Faculty of Energy Systems and Nuclear Science
- All programs in the Faculty of Engineering and Applied Science
- The Game Development and Entrepreneurship program
- We guarantee a spot in residence to all qualified first‑year students who accept the university's offer of admission and apply to residence before the June 3, 2019, deadline.