Residences & Meal Plans
$5,775 – $7,684* (includes high-speed internet and all utilities; meals not included). *These fees are for 2018–2019. Updated fees for 2019–2020 will be available in February 2019.
View our interactive budget for specific costs of residence, meal plans, tuition and more.
You can use our interactive budget to estimate your first-year costs and resources.
Single, double, and interconnecting rooms are available in traditional and suite-style residences. All first-year residences have single-gender floors and suites.
- Roommate request available
- High-speed internet and all utilities included
- Residence Dons in each building
- Tutoring-in-residence program; counsellor-in-residence program
- Residence council
- Study rooms; fitness facility; piano room
- TV/DVD lounges; grocery shuttle
- Barrier-free suites and other accessible accommodations
For details about Waterloo's Living-Learning communities, visit the Waterloo Residence website.
A space in residence is guaranteed to students who meet the conditions.
To confirm this space, you must complete the online Residence Community Ranking Form and submit a $500 non-refundable deposit by 11:59 pm (ET) on June 3, 2019.
Details are available on the Waterloo Residence website.
Conrad Grebel University College is not part of the residence guarantee and has a separate application and procedure.
Required in traditional-style residences (declining balance meal plan starting at $4,750*); optional for suite-style residences.
*These fees are for 2018–2019. Updated fees will be available in February 2019 on the Waterloo Residence website.
View our interactive budget for specific costs of residence, meal plans, tuition, and more.
You will receive acknowledgement and information about the next steps to take either from Waterloo Residences or from the individual University College residence where you have been placed.
At the University of Waterloo, first-year students can live in 1 of the Waterloo Residences or in 1 of the University College residences. For complete residence information, please check the information for all 5 residences:
- University of Waterloo
- University of Waterloo – Conrad Grebel University College
- University of Waterloo – Renison University College
- University of Waterloo – St. Jerome's University
- University of Waterloo – St. Paul's University College
- Phone 519-888-4567, ext. 32679
- Email email@example.com