Western is delighted to announce the introduction of the following new degree, diploma and certificate programs. For more information, visit the Western website.
Faculty of Arts and Humanities
- New Modules in Modern Languages and literatures.
Faculty of Science (Medical Sciences)
- New Subject Area and an Honors Specialization in "One Health" introduced in collaboration with the faculty of Social Science.
Faculty of Science
- New Program in Western Integrated Science (WISc), which includes the following modules:
- Honors Specialization in Integrated Science with Biology
- Honors Specialization in Integrated Science with Chemistry
- Honors Specialization in Integrated Science with Computer Science
- Honors Specialization in Integrated Science with Earth Sciences
- Honors Specialization in Integrated Science with Environmental Science
- Honors Specialization in Integrated Science with Genetics
- Honors Specialization in Integrated Science with Mathematics
- Honors Specialization in Integrated Science with Physics
- New Honors Specialization in Biodiversity and Conservation
Faculty of Health Sciences
- New Honors Specialization in Health and Aging
- The Minor in Gender, Sexuality and Culture has been renamed Minor in Sexual Studies
- The Minor in Feminist Theory has been renamed Minor in Feminist, Queer, and Critical Race Theory
- The Honours Specialization in Art History and Criticism has been renamed the Honours Specialization in Art History and Museum Studies
- The Honors Specialization in Visual Arts has been renamed the Honors Specialization in Art History and Studio Art
- The Major in Visual Arts has been renamed the Major in Art History and Studio Art
- The Minor in Visual Arts and the Minor in Art History and Criticism have been withdrawn
- The Minor in Art History and Studio Art has been introduced
- The Honors Specialization Modules in French Language and Literature, French Linguistics and Literature and French Language and Linguistics have been replaced by the Honors Specialization in French Studies
- The following combined degree programs have been withdrawn, with the last eligible students being admitted to the Faculty of Law in September 2018:
- Kinesiology (BA)/JD
- Media, Information and Technoculture (BA)/JD
- Political Science (BA)/JD
- Computer Science (BSc)/JD
Please see the reminders and recommendations below.
- Required 4U/M:
- Specializations and Majors in Psychology require a first-year university math course, therefore any 4U math is highly recommended for this program.
- Math is helpful as a preparation for Sociology and Geography programs.
- Advanced Functions (MHF4U) and Calculus and Vectors (MCV4U) are required for all Economics modules.
- Biology (SBI4U), Chemistry (SCH4U) and Physics (SPH4U) are highly recommended for the BSc in Psychology - see Western's Calendar.
Required 4U/M courses:
Recommended 4U/M courses:
- A 4U level math and 3U or 4U physics is recommended to prepare for senior Kinesiology subjects in biomechanics, research methods and statistics.
- It is strongly recommended that students interested in the BSc take an additional science course from: Chemistry SCH4U (strongly recommended), Calculus and Vectors MCV4U, Advanced Functions MHF4U, Physics SPH4U or Computer and Information Science ICS4U. Chemistry SCH4U is a prerequisite for first year Chemistry courses.