University of Windsor
The University of Windsor is a student-focused, comprehensive university located next to North America's busiest border crossing on the scenic Detroit River. Windsor's location makes it the perfect spot for what is one of Canada's most important internationally oriented institutions.
UWindsor is a medium-sized university with over 200 undergraduate degree programs, including professional programs in Law, Business, Engineering, Education, Nursing, Human Kinetics and Social Work. You'll find an atmosphere that fosters close co-operation between students and faculty and an ongoing commitment to excellence.
Windsor is one of Canada's most ethnically diverse cities. The second most diverse city in Ontario, and the fifth most diverse in Canada, with a population of about 218,000. The city is also the automotive capital of Canada and home of the Chrysler minivan, one of North America's most popular vehicles.
Close to UWindsor, you'll find major-league sports, big-name entertainment and scores of restaurants and outdoor cafes. Windsor is also Canada's southernmost city and has some of the country's best weather. There are an average of 2,261 sunshine hours a year.
UWindsor is a place where new innovative ways of teaching and learning are the norm, a place where research and creativity are helping our region and the country, and a place where we engage our capacity to address challenges related to the Great Lakes, borders, safe and healthy communities and sustainable manufacturing.
UWindsor is also 1 of only 5 Canadian universities ranked among the greenest in North America by the Princeton Review's Guide to 353 Green Colleges. The ranking is based on a healthy, sustainable quality of student life on campus, environmentally responsible school policies and how well students are being prepared for employment in an increasingly green economy.
Did you know?
- The Odette School of Business has recently received its AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business) accreditation, putting it amongst only 5% of business schools world-wide.
- In 2015 the Odette School of Business placed first in Canada, second in North America and third in the world at the Rotman International Trading Competition. We also currently house the largest financial markets lab in all of North America.
- In 2015, the UWindsor Women's Basketball team won the CIS championship. It was their fifth straight national title.
- In 2016, our University of Windsor Men’s Lancer Track and Field Team captured its 10th national championship title and their 26th provincial title over the past 25 years.
- The university's Department of English Language, Literature and Creative Writing offers unique, hands-on practicum courses in professional editing, publishing, web-based writing and editing, scholarship, and writing about the arts.
- The Faculty of Law offers community-based work experience to students across a variety of focused areas of legal practice, often connected to social justice advocacy.
- Since 2010, students have been engaged as participants and facilitators of the University of Windsor Bystander Initiative which seeks to change norms among students and lower the incidence of sexual assault over the long term through systematic student engagement in culture change.