Residences & Meal Plans
Residence fees range in price from $5,617 to $9,908 plus meal plan, depending on the building and room style.
These are the fees for the 2016-2017 year; 2017-2018 will be released in late May.
- Pitman Hall is Ryerson’s largest residence, with 14 floors and 566 rooms (single, double, paired and apartment style rooms). Meal plans are mandatory.
- As with all of our residence buildings, first-year students are given priority for Pitman Hall housing. All residence floors are mixed gender.
International Living/Learning Centre (ILLC):
- The ILLC is an 11-storey former hotel. It can accommodate 256 residence students (single and double style rooms). Meal plans are mandatory.
- As with all of our residence buildings, first-year students are given priority for ILLC housing. All residence floors are mixed gender.
- O'Keefe House is Ryerson’s most historic residence, built around 1875. 32 students live on the house's three floors (double and triple style rooms). Meal plans are optional.
- As with all of our residence buildings, first-year students are given priority for O’Keefe House housing. All residence floors are mixed gender.
Pitman Hall: Resident Advisors are located on each floor; Academic Links are assigned to each faculty and assist with academic resources; TV lounges on each floor; study lounges, floor kitchens, laundry facilities, 24-hour security, music room; cafeteria in the building; high-speed internet access. Four different room styles: single, paired, apartment, double. Mandatory meal plan.
ILLC: Resident Advisors are located on each floor; Academic Links are assigned to each faculty and assist with academic resources, extra-large rooms with ensuite bathroom; common kitchen and TV lounges on each floor; cafeteria in building; laundry facilities; classes and conferences run in the non-residential areas of building; 24-hour security; high-speed internet access. Two different room styles: single, double. Mandatory meal plan.
O’Keefe House: Double and triple rooms are available in this mixed gender building. Resident Advisor; large, recently renovated community kitchen; TV lounges; high-speed internet access; large bathrooms on each floor; laundry facilities. Optional meal plan.
We do not guarantee residence for first-year students. When offering a space in residence, Ryerson University gives priority to first-year students coming directly from high school and traveling the furthest distance away from our campus.
You must complete a residence application form after accepting a Ryerson offer of admission. The first round of offers are made in mid-June. Offers continue to be made throughout the summer and school year until the waiting list is exhausted.
A $400 application fee is required with your application.
Meal plan values operate on a debit system. The total value of the meal plans is as follows (subject to change and based on 2015-2016 academic year):
Meal plans are mandatory for Pitman Hall and the ILLC. Meal plans are optional in O'Keefe House.
You will receive half the total value of the meal plan in your first term, and the remaining half in the second term. The Flex meal plan is available only for students assigned to Pitman Hall apartment-style.
- Phone 416-979-5284
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org